General Terms for the use of TEM facility at IOP:
- All proposals, for TEM (including Internal users) needs to be submitted using the online-User time request form. Please note that proposals need to be submitted by a faculty/Scientific officer of an Institute/University. In general, the proposals would not be accepted without the online user time request.
- Use of HRTEM facilities is open to all interested scientists both in academics and industry. We insist on having either student or scientist/faculty during the TEM measurements at IOP TEM facilities.
- We accept only few proposals of high quality. Please note that measurements at TEM are carried out by our Ph.D. students as we do not have any dedicated scientific officers for this purpose.
- In general, Work can be done either in collaborative nature or independently.
- For TEM: It is the responsibility of the user to get the specimen "TEM ready" (electron transparency). Due to a lot of involvement of time and attention in thinning specimen, only for selected collaborative works, we will make thinning of TEM specimen (this is true for ALL users, irrespective or internal or external users). We can not do TEM measurements on the samples that have organic content or insulating in nature.
- Use of TEM facility should be acknowledged in any publication that comes out of the work. If found that no acknowledgment is given, your next proposal may not be considered!
- For use of TEM and there should be some preliminary data available (using xrd/afm/low-end SEM) before we consider your proposal. This would help us in determining what kind of studies needs to be done.
- As of now, there is no charge for carrying out TEM work.
- No financial assistance will be provided for visting IOP for carrying out TEM work.
Contact Person :